AustinEllingsen.com respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. If you have questions about our use of your information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this document.
Who is AustinEllingsen.com?
AustinEllingsen.com is a consultancy company involved in many aspects of the yachting industry, including assisting clients with buying Used Yachts, New Yachts, custom yachts, and other consulting services. We work with companies across the U.S and frequently cooperate with our trusted partners in Europe as well.
Personal Data We Collect
AustinEllingsen.com only collects data to be able to operate in an effective and secure way, so we can provide our yachting clients with the best sale or purchase experience possible.
Most of this data will be provided by yourself, such as when you submit an inquiry through our website, subscribe to email “news lists”, buy or sell a boat, meet us and register for any of our services, visit us at a Boat Show, or reach out to get support in another way.
We’ll also get a small part of our information by observing how you use our services and products, simply by using cookies on austinellingsen.com.
How much data you give us is up to you. If we ask you for any information, you may choose to not give us that. The information you give us will help us serve you better, by giving you information based on what we know about you. We will always use your information responsibly to help you with your request. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact details: We collect your first and last name, email address, and phone from most of our online forms. All information you give us in the form is optional.
Device and Usage data: We collect data about devices and how they are being used mainly through Analytics. For example, we collect:
- Usage data: We collect data about the features you use, the items you purchase, and the web pages you visit. This data includes text queries with our bots or customer service team.
- Device, connectivity, and configuration data: We collect data about your device and the network you use, including the IP address.
Content: We collect information on the content you engage with on our sites and via our marketing communications. This includes: The pages you visit; How you interact w/ these pages; as well as the emails you open and click on.
If you decide to contact us you contact us for any reason, phone conversations or chat sessions are likely monitored and recorded.
How Can AustinEllingsen.com Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Do You Share My Personal Information
Absolutely not! We will NEVER sell (or give) your personal data to anyone. We may share your data with partners who provide us with services to properly help with your needs and/or as verification as needed. These partners do not use this data except to provide you and us with services, and agreements are in place so they do not sell this data to any other parties.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different than the laws of your country.
Our servers are hosted by GoDaddy.com. We and our service providers operate in the U.S.
We retain personal information we collect from you when we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal info, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Updates to Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical, or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and when this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
Additional Rights for California Citizens:
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and are a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content you have posted publicly. In order to do so, you must send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to [email protected] Please be aware this request does not guarantee that all the content or information you have posted will be removed and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
(Updated, April – 2020)
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the CONTACT form online, or email us at [email protected]